Elegy
《挽歌》
Yes, I experienced youth—
是的,我曾體驗過年輕
The heady hovering of youth,
年輕的飛翔
In the small village where I once grew.
在我生長的小村莊
I experienced youth's bewilderment;
我曾體驗過年輕的仿徨
Every forlorn beam of starlight knows.
每一晚迷茫的星光都知道
Yes, I experienced springtime—
是的,我曾體驗過春天
The fragrance of spring,
春天的芬芳
In the small village where I once grew. I experienced the mildew smell of spring;
在我生長的小村莊我曾體驗過春天的霉味
Every rotting petal knows.
每一片腐爛的落花都知道
Yes, I experienced love-
是的,我曾體驗過愛
The intoxication of love,
愛的沉醉
In the small village where I once grew.
在我生長的小村莊
I experienced the agony of love;
我曾體驗過愛的絞痛
Every sad gaze of yours knows.
你每一道凄涼的凝視都知道
Yes, I experienced singing—
是的,我曾體驗過歌
The charm of song,
歌的激蕩
In the small village where I once grew
在我生長的小村莊
Once I seemed to hear my own dirge;
我曾隱隱聞見自己的挽歌
Every blade of the cemetery grass knows.
每一株墳場的小草都知道